- Soal Bahasa Inggris Kelas 12 Semester 2 dan Kunci Jawaban
- Question No. 1 and 2 to the following dialog
- Questions no. 3 and 4 refer to the following dialog
- Questions no. 5 and 6 refer to the following text.
- Questions no. 7 and 8 refer to the following text
- Questions No. 9 and 10 refer to the following text
- Questions no. 11 and 14 refer to the following text.
- Questions no. 15 and 18 refer to the following text.
- Questions no. 19 to 23 refer to the following text.
Soal Bahasa Inggris Kelas 12 Semester 2 dan Kunci Jawaban banyak di buru oleh siswa kelas 12 di tingkat sekolah atas, baik SMA, SMA, MAK.
Pada postingan ini terbagi 3 Page / Halaman dimana Anda bisa memilih Page 1, Page 2, dan Page 3 di bawah postingan ini.
Admin di sini menyediakan Soal Bahasa Inggris ini bertujuan untuk mempermudah Anda dalam mempelajari soal-soal latihan di sekolah.
Sebelum Admin memberikannya, Admin akan Disclaimer terlebih dahulu. Soal ini tidak semata-mata akan sama dengan Soal Bahasa Inggris Kelas 12 Semester 2 yang akan diberikan di sekolah.
Dan perlu Anda ketahua soal ini berkaitan dengan materi Kinds of Expression, Narrative Text dan Grammar Focus, tentunya tidak jauh berbeda dengan apa soal yang ada.
Baca Juga: Jawaban Latihan Soal IAPI
Selanjutnya, soal ini di lengkapi dengan Kunci Jawabannya, yang bisa Anda pelajari secara mandiri sebelum mengisi soal PAT Bahasa Inggris Kelas 12 Semester 2.
Admin akan menyajikan soal bahasa inggris kelas 12 kurikulum 2013 berjumlah 60 soal tentunya bisa Anda pelajari secara mandiri.
Soal Bahasa Inggris Kelas 12 Semester 2 dan Kunci Jawaban
Perlu Anda ketahui bahwa soal dan kunci jawaban ini berupa materi bahasa Inggris kelas 12 semester genap dan diperuntukan untuk siswa SMA, MA, SMK, MAK atau sederajat.
Question No. 1 and 2 to the following dialog
Manager : “Can you say your name again?”
Tina : “Tina Sulaeman.”
Manager : “Address?”
Tina : “Jalan Sawo thirteen, Kebayoran Baru.”
Manager : “Latest education?”
Tina : “Law. I graduated from the Faculty of law.”
1. What is Tina Sulaeman’s latest education?
- A. Education institution
- B. Faculty of Education
- C. Law institution
- D. Professional lawyer
- E. Faculty of Law
Pembahasan: Pendidikan terakhir Tina Sulaeman adalah ilmu hukum.
2. Where does the applicant live?
- A. Jalan Sawo thirteen, Kebayoran Baru
- B. Jalan Sawo sixteen, Kemayoran
- C. Jalan Seno thirteen, Kebayoran Baru
- D. Jalan Jambu thirteen, Kemayoran
- E. Jalan Sawo thirty, Kebayoran Baru
Pembahasan: Tina Sulaeman tinggal di Jalan Sawo 13, Kebayoran Baru.
Questions no. 3 and 4 refer to the following dialog
Anita : “There is a vacancy in today’s daily.”
Dina : “What job is offered?”
Anita : “A part time chef in a Chinese restaurant in Jakarta Hotel.”
Dina : “I would apply for the job.”
Anita : “There is another vacancy: a waitress in an Italian restaurant.”
Dina : “I see. Thank you for the information.”
3. What job would Dina Apply for?
- A. a teacher
- B. a chef
- C. a restaurant manager
- D. a waiter
- E. a hotel manager
4. What is the name of a hotel mentioned by Anita?
- A. Chinese Hotel
- B. Italian Hotel
- C. Jakarta Hotel
- D. International Hotel
- E. National Hotel
Pembahasan: Nama hotel yang disebutkan Anita adalah Jakarta Hotel.
Questions no. 5 and 6 refer to the following text.
Hayati Hutabarat says that she has downright satisfaction from her position in the company. But what about some other things in life. There are still important for many women to have things like marriage and children. Does Hayati regret for not having time for these things?
5. What is the text about?
- A. Unmarried women
- B. Career women
- C. Married women
- D. Women’s position in a company
- E. Women’s lives
Pembahasan: Teks tersebut tentang wanita-wanita karir.
6. What things are still important to many women?
- A. Position in the company
- B. Satisfaction in career
- C. Having time for children
- D. Career in the company
- E. Marriage and children
Questions no. 7 and 8 refer to the following text
Farmer in Lampung and West Java are likely to face difficulties with rice harvest in the next two month because hundreds of thousands of hectare rice field have been under threat from a long drought. Therefore, the government has started worrying the two provinces.
7. What is the text about?
- A. the next rice harvest
- B. farmers in Lampung
- C. rice fields
- D. possible failure in the next harvest
- E. farmers in West Java
Pembahasan: Teks tersebut tentang kemungkinan gagal panen yang akan dihadapi oleh petani di Lampung dan Jawa Barat.
8. What threatened the rice fields?
- A. a long drought
- B. the rainy season
- C. wet fields
- D. next harvest
- E. difficult farmers
Pembahasan: Kekeringan yang panjang mengancam tanaman padi.
Questions No. 9 and 10 refer to the following text
A supporter of the national education bill display a sign reading “Endorse the national education bill right now” to every motorist passing the back gate of the House of Representatives compound in Senayan, Central Jakarta. Thousands of members from Islamic groups gathered outside the compound on Thuesday demanding that the bill be endorsed.
9. The topic of the passage is about ….
- A. national education
- B. education bill
- C. supporter of the bill
- D. a supporter’s idea
- E. a public demand
10. “…. That the bill be endorsed”
The word endorsed is close in meaning with….
- A. talked
- B. discussed
- C. approved
- D. decided
- E. resumed
Questions no. 11 and 14 refer to the following text.
Satellite Space-eyes does not look like the satellites of the 1980’s. It has large wings that gather solar power. The power is for the motor. It keeps the satellite in the same place above the earth. All the big farmers in the area have paid for the cost of Satellite Space-eye.
Constants in one of those farmers, his home computer makes the connection with Satellite Space-eye. He asks to see picture of the field in the south-west corner of his farm. The picture appears on a TV screen. It is a picture of a green wheat field. Everything looks fine. He then asks the computer to show the same area, but in colors. The colors show the different temperatures in the field. He knows healthy wheat plants will all be green. The TV screen blinks and a beautiful pictures appears. It has many shades of blue, red, and green.
Constants looks closely at the large red spot near the middle of the wheat field. He knows that something is wrong in the wheat field. He knows that something is wrong in the wheat field. The red color means the spot is warmer than its surroundings. It may be due to-lack of moisture or not enough nutrients in the soil. Insect eating the wheat can also show a red spot.
Constants tells the computer to tell him more about the warm spot. The computer points out that the problem is a shortage of nitrogen in the soil. He asks the computer to predict the harvest if he adds the fertilizer. He then tells the computer the current market price for wheat. He also tells the price of the fertilizer. He asks for a costing. He wants to know if it will give him a profit to add the fertilizer. The computer gives him the answer, is it a science fiction? No, it is happening now.
11. The text tells about….
- A. Constant and his wheat field
- B. the use of Satellite Space-eye in farming
- C. the blue, red, and green colors in the TV screen
- D. the meaning of the colors appeared in the TV screen
- E. the ability of the computer to predict
Pembahasan: Teks tersebut menceritakan tentang kegunaan Satellite Space-eye dalam pertanian.
12. The main idea of paragraph two is….
- A. Constant is one of the farmers who makes use of the Satellite Space-eye
- B. Constant’s home computer is connected to Satellite Space-eye
- C. the picture appears on the TV screen comes from Satellite Space-eye
- D. various information can be served by Satellite Space-eye
- E. the Satellite Space-eye sent Constant what he wanted
Pembahasan: Pikiran utama paragraf 2 adalah Constanza merupakan salah satu petani yang memanfaatkan Satellite Space-eye.
13. The red color showed on the TV screen means that….
- A. the plants are healthy
- B. the soil does not have enough nutrients
- C. the temperature is low
- D. the plants are not disturbed by any insect
- E. the wheat field is in good condition
Pembahasan: Penjelasan tentang hal ini terdapat pada paragraf 3.
14. What can also show a red spot on the TV screen?
- A. insect eating the wheat
- B. fertilizer
- C. wheat plants
- D. different area
- E. nutrients
Pembahasan: Penjelasan tentang hal ini terdapat pada paragraf ketiga, kalimat terakhir.
Questions no. 15 and 18 refer to the following text.
I am a guy, twenty-eight years old. I have a problem with a girlfriend. She is twenty-five years old. We have been dating each other for years, since we were high school student. Now we have jobs. I feel very sure that we love each other. Now it is time for me to get married. Unfortunately, her parents never approve our relationship ever since the very first time. My family, anyhow, does not really mind. At first I thought my girlfriend had the power to defend our love. But then she surrendered. She loves me and she loves her family too. On the one hand she said, “I’ll be happy if my family is happy.” It means she had to get approval from her parents.
For this, I was shocked. My heart was broken. She ended our relationship just at the time when I was ready to marry her. When I was with her, we were very happy. We had a lot in common and there were no conflict. The truth was, we separated only because of her parents. They want her to marry her cousin, her aunt’s son (this is one of the traditions in the Karonese).
For the being I am very upset. When I miss her I call her. Then we can eat together, talk together. The real problem is, she cannot refuse what her parents want.
So, should I forget my girlfriend, the only one that I truly love? Or else, should I just wait, and dream that one day she will be back to me?
You call her your girlfriend, but she has chosen her own way. For this reason I’d say that there is nothing you can do except forget her and go on with your normal life. Hopefully you can find another love and life happily forever.
15. The main idea of the first paragraph is that….
- A. the writer wants to get married
- B. the writer has been dating for years
- C. the writer has a problem with his girlfriend
- D. the writer feels sure that they love each other
- E. the writer’s parents disapprove of this relationship
Pembahasan: Pikiran utama paragraf pertama adalah bahwa sang penulis memiliki masalah dengan kekasihnya.
16. Which of the following sentence is TRUE according to the text?
- A. Rio is not ready to get married.
- B. Rio’s parents disagree with his marriage.
- C. Rio and his girlfriend often got conflicts.
- D. Rio’s girlfriend didn’t really love Rio.
- E. Rio’s girlfriend couldn’t defend her love for Rio
17. Why do the girl’s parent disapprove of their marriage? Because….
- A. they don’t like Rio
- B. the girl is still studying
- C. Rio and his girlfriend often got conflicts
- D. they keep the Karonese tradition
- E. the girl has chosen another guy
Pembahasan: Orang tua sang gadis memegang tradisi Karo
18. Rio cannot forget her girlfriend because….
- A. she is very pretty
- B. she is very faithful
- C. she is his true love
- D. she is his first love
- E. she is his last love
Pembahasan: Rio tidak dapat melupakan kekasihnya karena ia adalah cinta sejatinya.
Questions no. 19 to 23 refer to the following text.
Uday and Qusay are dead and the delighted British and American governments suggest that Iraq will be a safe place. Yes, the Iraqis may well feel safer. And with the dictator’s sons out of the way forever, Iraqis are more confident about continuing the resistance against the American occupies.
Shortly before their deaths were announced, Richard Gephardt, Democrat presidential hopeful, delivered a blistering attack on Bush’s foreign policy which was driven, he said, by “machismo” and “arrogant unilateralism”. Bush, he continued, treated U.S. allies “like so many files on America’s windshield”. He added: “Foreign policy isn’t a John Wayne movie.”
The attack on the villa where Saddam’s sons were hiding might be seen as driving home the point. Instead, the announcement that they had been killed by the U.S. troops in a shoot-out is welcomed by Tony Blair as “great news”.
19. The text mainly discusses about….
- A. Uday and Qusay who killed U.S. troops
B. Uday and Qusay who are killed by U.S. troops
- C. Richard Gephardt who attacked Bush’s domestic policy
- D. The attack on the villa where Saddam Husein was hiding
- E. Tony Blair who is welcomed by Saddam’s sons, Uday and Qusay
Pembahasan: Teks tersebut tentang Uday dan Qusay yang dibunuh oleh pasukan Amerika Serikat.
20. The main idea of paragraph 3 is that….
- A. U.S. troops killed Saddam in the attack on the villa
- B. Uday and Qusay had killed U.S. troops and Tony Blair
- C. Tony Blair attacked the villa where Saddam’s sons were hiding
- D. Saddam was killed by Tony Blair and U.S. in Saddam’s son’s villa
- E. the announcement of Saddam’s son’s death is welcomed by Tony Blair
Pembahasan: Pikiran utama paragraf ke-3 adalah pengumuman tewasnya putra-putra Saddam disambut oleh Tony Blair.
21. Which statement is correct according to the text?
- A. John Wayne movie was presented to Bush arrogantly.
- B. Tony Blair received the “great news” of Bush and Gephardt’s death.
- C. John Wayne was a movie star who attacked the villa of Saddam’s sons.
- D. Richard Gephardt attacked Bush’s foreign policy after Uday and Qusay’s death.
- E. The news of Uday and Qusay’s death made the British and American government pleased.
Pembahasan: Richard Gephardt menyerang kebijakan luar negeri Bust Steh kematian Uday dan Qusay.
22. “The attacked on the villa where Saddam’s son’s were hiding might be seen as driving home the point.” (Paragraph 3)
The word attack has similar meaning with the word….
- A. raid
- B. resist
- C. shield
- D. defend
- E. withdraw
Pembahasan: Kata attack memiliki arti yang mirip dengan kata raid, yaitu serangan.
23. “…. had killed Uday and Qusay.”
- A. The Iraqis
- B. Tony Blair
- C. U.S. troops
- D. John Wayne
- E. Richard Gephardt